It is back with a Winning Time Season 2. A sports drama from Succession producers like Adam MacKay (director of The Big Short and producer and director of NETFLIX’s Don’t look up), Winning Time chronicles the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team in the 80s, including star Magic Johnson .
Based on the book Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s by Jeff Pearlman, the series has a top-10 cast, led by John C. Reilly (you’ll recognize him in the blond pose :D), Jason Segel, Adrien Brody and many more.
The first season covers the years 1979-1980, and the second 1980-1984.
Winning Time became a somewhat controversial series after several basketball players and NBA historians commented negatively on the liberties the producers took in presenting the facts depicted.
An HBO production, the second season of Winning Time arrives on HBO and HBO Max on August.
When the options are almost infinite, we help you quickly make choices inspired by movies and series that suit you.
Here are the key points of Winning Time Season 2:
- Season 2 of Winning Time will pick up where the first season left off, in the early 1980s.
- The show will follow the Lakers as they continue to dominate the NBA, and as they face off against their biggest rivals, the Boston Celtics.
- Season 2 will also explore the personal lives of the players and coaches, and the behind-the-scenes drama that unfolded during this time period.
- The show is based on the book “Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s” by Jeff Pearlman.
Here are the cast & crew of Winning Time Season 2:
Cast & Crew
- John C. Reilly will return as Jerry Buss, the flamboyant owner of the Lakers.
- Quincy Isaiah will return as Magic Johnson, the rookie point guard who led the Lakers to their first championship in decades.
- Jason Clarke will return as Jerry West, the former Lakers player and coach who was a key figure in the team’s success.
- Gaby Hoffmann will return as Claire Rothman, the Lakers’ executive vice president.
- Adrian Brody will return as Pat Riley, the Lakers’ head coach.
- Michael Chiklis will return as Red Auerbach, the coach of the Boston Celtics.
- Other cast members who are expected to return include Sally Field, Jason Segel, and Julianne Moore.
The show is created by Max Borenstein and Jim Hecht, and it is directed by Adam McKay.
Release Date of Winning Time Season 2
Winning Time Season 2 will premiere on HBO on August 6, 2023.
Here are some behind-the-scenes details about Winning Time Season 2:
- The season picks up in 1981, after the Lakers’ victory in the 1980 NBA Finals.
- The rivalry between the Lakers and the Boston Celtics intensifies, as both teams vie for the championship once again.
- The season explores the personal lives of the Lakers players and coaches, including Magic Johnson’s struggle with HIV and Pat Riley’s decision to leave the team.
- The season also features the arrival of new players, such as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy.
- The show’s creators have said that Season 2 will be “even more epic” than Season 1.
Here are some additional details about the show’s production:
- The show was filmed in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
- The show’s budget was reportedly $30 million per episode.
- The show’s creator, Adam McKay, is also an executive producer.
- The show’s director, Jason Hehir, is also the director of the ESPN documentary series “The Last Dance.
Watch Winning Time Season 2 on Fmovies
- Must-Watch Series On Netflix
- 10 New Netflix Series Premiering This Summer
- Top 8 New Movies To Watch These Days
- Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)
- Explore The Top 10 Must-Watch Movies On Disney+