not with few the films that at the time were battered by critics but that time has been putting in their place. However, there are also others that are much better than what was said at the time of its premiere that have a harder time achieving something like this and today I am going to talk about one of them, well ‘Signals of the future’ is now available to view on Amazon Prime Video.
On paper, ‘Signs of the future’ had everything in its favor, since behind it was Alex Proyas a director who was accompanied by the prestige of ‘Dark City’ and the commercial success of ‘I robot’ while in front of the cast was a Nicolas Cage that he had not yet completely left the front line of Hollywood – just a couple of years before he had led ‘The Quest: The Secret Diary’-. And the truth is that it did not do badly at the box office, since it brought in 215 million dollars when it had only cost 50 million, but the critics destroyed it mercilessly.
Why is it worth watching?
One thing that is usually agreed upon is that ‘Signals of the future’ has a most exciting premise, as a professor discovers that a series of dates a girl wrote down in 1959 seem to be prophecies of events to come in years to come. All of them have come true with the exception of three, but soon two of them come true and the last one promises to have catastrophic consequences for humanity.
There it is true that there are certain details of the script that can be questionable, but they go to the background due to the determination that Proyas shows behind the scenes, knowing how to progressively raise the intensity and taking advantage of that touch of inevitable catastrophe who soon takes over the story. Some may call it predictable for this, but sometimes movies have to bet on something like that and not hold back when it comes to taking it to the end. Of course, there is no guarantee that the viewer will be convinced by the explanation they are going to give him.
Obviously, the great weakness What I have towards Nicolas Cage helps me feel motivated by his work here, much more content than usual in his career, although the convincing presence of Rose Byrne. But it is true that here at the end the story takes precedence over the characters -here, perhaps it could have had a little more dramatic force, but it does not fall into the mediocrity of many blockbusters either-, something that Proyas takes advantage of to leave us scenes full of strength that by themselves justify the viewing of ‘Señales del futuro’. There are several moments that should be the envy of blockbusters with 3 or 4 times their budget.
Here are some key points about the sci-fi movie Signals of the Future:
- The film is set in the near future, when a group of scientists are investigating a series of mysterious signals that appear to be coming from outer space.
- The signals are unlike anything the scientists have ever seen before, and they quickly realize that they could have a profound impact on the future of humanity.
- As the scientists investigate the signals, they uncover a dark secret that could threaten the very existence of the human race.
Here are some other key points about the film:
- The film explores the themes of fear, paranoia, and the potential dangers of technology.
- The film features a strong cast of actors, including Brenton Thwaites, Laurence Fishburne, and Olivia Cooke.
- The film was directed by William Eubank, who also directed the films The Signal and Underwater.
Signals of the Future has been praised for its suspenseful plot, its strong cast, and its thought-provoking themes. The film has been compared to other sci-fi thrillers such as Arrival and Contact.
Here are some additional details about the film:
- The film was originally titled The Signal, but the title was changed to Signals of the Future for its streaming release.
- The film was shot in Los Angeles and Utah.
- The film’s score was composed by Nima Fakhrara.
- The film was produced by Nimra Rafaqat, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, and Tyler Davidson.
Also Read on Fmoviesonline