It almost, almost doesn’t matter how many animes are released this summer, that the one that seems destined to eat them all is ‘Jujutsu Kaisen season 2’. After sweeping its first season and its movie, the anime has finally made a strong comeback with its second season. And how could it be otherwise, with curses, moments creepypasta… and Don’t miss the fanservice.
Horror, action and humor, the perfect combination
‘jujutsu Kaisen season 2 ‘ It has the honor of belonging to the “Dark Trio” of Shonen Jump, because despite being aimed at a young audience, it does have a much murkier tone when dealing with terror and does not cut itself off with the most explicit and violent moments.
The first of the anime introduced us to the gritty world of sorcerers who are in charge of exorcising curses throughout Japanand set the bar very high thanks to MAPPA’s frenetic animation, its action scenes, a very healthy point of humor and some characters that hook you from the beginning.
Now the second season just booted up on Crunchyroll, and he has done it on a very good footing and maintaining everything we like most about ‘Jujutsu Kaisen’. Although it should be noted that it comes with some big changes.
From the outset, ‘Jujutsu Kaisen’ is the story of Yuji Itadori, an almost normal teenager who becomes the recipient of a very powerful curse and begins to train as a sorcerer to learn to control his new powers. Throughout the first season we have seen Yuji’s beginnings as a student with his classmates Megumi Fushiguro and Nobara Kugisaki.
Here are the key points for Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2:
- The season will be split into two parts, each adapting one of the two major arcs from the manga: Gojo’s Past Arc and Shibuya Incident Arc.
- The Gojo’s Past Arc will focus on Satoru Gojo’s backstory, revealing his secrets and providing valuable insights into his character.
- The Shibuya Incident Arc will be the most action-packed and suspenseful arc of the series, as it follows the events of a major battle between Jujutsu sorcerers and Cursed Spirits.
- The season will feature stunning animation from MAPPA, the same studio that produced the first season.
Here are the Cast & Crew for Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2:
- Junya Enoki as Yuji Itadori
- Asami Seto as Nobara Kugisaki
- Yuma Uchida as Megumi Fushiguro
- Yûichi Nakamura as Satoru Gojo
- Takahiro Sakurai as Suguru Geto
- Anna Nagase as Riko Amanai
- Takehiko Koyasu as Toji Fushiguro
- Shōta Goshozono as director
- Sayaka Koiso and Tadashi Hiramatsu as character designers
- Yoshimasa Terui as composer
Here are all the ratings for Jujutsu Kaisen season 2:
- MyAnimeList: 8.74 out of 10 (scored by 45,948 users)
- IMDb: 8.5 out of 10 (scored by 77,022 users)
- Anime Planet: 4.5 out of 5 stars (scored by 3,462 users)
- AniList: 9.11 out of 10 (scored by 121,097 users)
- Crunchyroll: 4.9 out of 5 stars (scored by 16,047 users)
The highest rated episode of Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 is episode 3, “Hidden Inventory Part 3”, with a rating of 9.7 out of 10 on IMDb.
Overall, Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 has received very positive ratings from fans and critics alike. It has been praised for its animation, action, and story. The season has also been a commercial success, with its premiere episode drawing in over 2.6 million viewers in Japan.
Well, if the first season left us with a little cliffhanger, cWith the second we completely change the scenery and with a stroke of the pen. ‘Jujutsu Kaisen’ transports us a decade in time to get into the years of students of Satoru Gojo and Suguru Geto, the main villain of the story. So if we were hoping to see more of our main trio, we’re in for a big disappointment and patiently wait while we return to the present.
let’s turn back the clock
This first chapter has already started with many moments of action through two missions: one for Meimei and Utahime exploring a cursed mansion, and another for themselves. Gojo and Geto. And well, if we like the “teacher” from the wizarding school, we’re going to have Gojo for a while, because you can tell that at MAPPA they love him and they shine in all their planes and glitters so that not an eyelash is out of place . That this is his bow, and that it shows.
Jujutsu Kaisen’ preserves that horror movie point in the most tense moments thanks to that urban creepypasta tone that it has, although it continues to balance humor very well, especially for the start of the season.
MAPPA has also excelled with animation, and has managed to use CGI very well especially to make the most of the scenarios and action scenes. It is noticeable that it is the first chapter, because they have looked in detail at even the most subtle movements of the characters, but judging by the trailers that we have carried so far we can expect a result at the level of ‘Chainsaw Man’.
By now season 2 has started to teach us what the world of 2006 was like for wizards and has introduced us to the main mission of this arc: to protect the Stellar Plasma Vesselwho turns out to be a teenager.
We will have to see how this Arc of Gojo’s Past continues to develop, but one of the most curious things that it promises is to be able to see how the characters have evolved and how the dynamic between Gojo and Geto has changed so drastically until what we have been able to see in ‘jujutsu kaisen 0’ and in the previous season of the anime.
Watch jujutsu Kaisen season 2 on Fmovies